Friday, April 16, 2010

I Took a Sick Day, I Swear

No entry yesterday, and it was not because it was Tax Day and I was hiding from the Being & Nothingness Cam Project accountant Bethann. Not in a sandwich place across the street from the post office watching frantic, tired, and/or angry people running to get their taxes in. No, sir.


No, I've got some sort of flu. Or Really Bad Cold. Or monkey pox. If it's the flu, I'm more in favor of swine flu (I know, H1N1) than avian flu. It's not for any reason other than that I like pigs and they're really smart and they'll keep clean if you let them. This doesn't mean that they aren't darned tasty as well. And swine flu sounds much more dark and adventurous than avian flu.


But talk about adventure: monkey pox! Now you've got something. I may be awesomely wrong, but as I recall you get monkey pox if your pet monkey has been in contact with Gambian rats and then bites you. Or maybe if you get bitten by a vet who's treating a monkey. Or not. I am pretty sure about the Gambian rat part.


To mark the special occasion if I do have monkey pox, Dirk and I have put together a swell song. Dirk is nuts: he comes and visits me when I've contracted a hideous something. He should be outside playing and getting some fresh air.


We've got this so far (it's to the tune of "Lollypop"):


I bought myself a monkey

Who could play with my cat

I didn’t know his best friend

Was a Gambian rat

And now I’ve got that

Now I’ve got that Monkey Pox.


Monkey pox, monkey pox

Oh, monkey, monkey pox

Monkey pox, monkey pox

Oh, monkey, monkey pox

Monkey pox, monkey pox

Now I’ve got that Monkey Pox.


It’s needs a second verse and we’re sort of stuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment