Monday, March 8, 2010

Trouble in BeretLand

Two readers have pointed out that my story has run into trouble in the raspberry beret department. In one posting I talked at length about distributing raspberry-colored berets to the members of the Being & Nothingness Team, mandating that they wear them as “work uniforms.” I made it clear that the berets were ugly and that each staff person was unhappy.


Then two days later I go waltzing along and complain that I’m being too nice to the Team and I mention as an example giving them berets. Like it’s a positive thing. What the hell? Am I keeping tract? Well, sort of. I have done my research. I know the youtoocanbeaphilosopher.org site by heart: black berets good, colored berets bad. Brightly colored berets just plain mean. I know this and you know this.


So this is how it stands: yes, I gave them berets, but I gave them the wrong kind of berets. I need to do my posts before I hit the vodka. Based on Tom and Sia’s sighs this morning as they pulled on their unattractive berets, I have succeeded in hats as punishment. And they don't even work at a fried chicken place.


Up next: we talk about force-feeding Sia Nicorette gum even at the risk of loosing our only smoking philosopher.

No comments:

Post a Comment