Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The First Letter to the Masomenis Corporation

As I mentioned in the 3/2/10 posting, I have been bringing my accountant/financial advisor, Bethann, up to speed on the genesis of the Being & Nothingness Cam Project.


I had seen an internet ad for a home defibrillator in July 2008 and thought that it had to be either a very bad home health care idea or a very good joke. The contact information was for the Masomenis Corporation in Redlands, California, with your basic email and URL information. God knows why, but I decided to write them an actual letter. On stationary. In longhand. The kind you put a stamp on. Freaky.


I felt the need to write a lengthy, weirdo screed, and while I did write a letter that night, it was short and crummy. After two decades of word processors I forgot that you can’t go back and make corrections, there is no spell check, and that, unless you’re demented, you won’t have even spacing and lovely margins. The letter looked horrible. In addition, I was distracted since I had violated my own Too Many Rodents rule. I have a lot of pets and I let them roam the house when I can pay attention to them. But if you let out too many rodents and don’t keep a close eye on them they get lost, get into dangerous places, or start chewing up stuff that you want to keep. So I cut my letter short when I heard the two chinchillas making grinding noises under the futon and the plastic clatter of the hamster exercise ball stop, which meant that Gerry was stuck in a dead end again.


I left the letter on my desk to reevaluate in the morning, and then got a broom to herd out Amon and Amzi and find Gerry to get him rolling again.

No comments:

Post a Comment