Friday, March 19, 2010

A Roller Coaster to Heck

Bethann, the accountant/financial advisor, came by today for us to deal with that dreary stack of paper she had mailed to me so we could review solid, sordid everyday things like taxes. We carried a table and chairs out into the yard from the break room, because with the upgrade work continuing in the office it’s crowded and loud. As I’ve mentioned, Bethann is worried in about six different ways about the Being & Nothingness Cam Project’s laissez faire finances, and today she mentioned something about zoning. I didn’t know whether or not the Project was going to be a roller coaster to hell, but I didn’t expect a kiddie ride at the boardwalk.


To save me, Tom and Sia dropped by with some of Tom’s used patio furniture. They had gone by to visit Phaye (who’s living at her mom’s apartment), who they reported is okay, but still sort of “wonky.” How is it that she bounces right back from a monkey bite, but leg scrapes put her out of commission? I think Tom and Sia are bored, and since they’re salaried (there’s another sigh from Bethann) and the weather is so nice, they said they wanted to “spruce up” the back yard. They are non-somber and non-deathly white. This is bad. I have to get the office fixed up or everyone’s going to get cheerful and I’ll have to pull the plug.


They had four white retro metal lawn chairs and a little table and I was about to tell them they’d have to take the stuff away when they brought in some plastic sheeting and black spray paint and toned those puppies down. If you come out here at night you’re going to really hurt yourself. Perhaps I’ll get the extra raspberry berets and put them on top of the chairs for safety reasons.

1 comment:

  1. Didn't realize that the berets glowed enough to serve as warning lites. Somehow I guess that the monkey bites were not workman's comp...

    ReplyDelete