Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Coffee Note

Sia says that by early-late-mid-morning we should be able to have whipping cream on our coffee, but I have to be firm. No whipping cream or vanilla hazelnut syrup before noon. I never thought I would say this but I may have to mix in some decaf with the regular coffee. The very idea breaks my heart, but everyone has been up until two or three in the morning and there isn’t that much to do around here. When I came in this morning Tom had fallen asleep onto his keyboard and when I woke him up he had impressions of the keys pressed into his forehead.


What to do? We can’t have less coffee. We have only one Team member who smokes, no one wears a beret, and there's very little languid starring into space. That’s shameful for a philosophy-based project. I’ve kept the lighting as low as I can, but the floor sags a little and I have to do boring things like worry about safe working conditions. Ideally the light level would be like the old Figaros’s on Melrose in L.A.—dim light punctuated by pools of dim light.


Should I require berets? Perhaps get special B&NC Team berets? Or is that too unite-the-people?

2 comments:

  1. Definately require berets, but only when actually functioning as part of the B&NC Team....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent recommendation! Sort of like a uniform, only cool.

    ReplyDelete