Friday, January 29, 2010

Evolution Update

There have been some interesting developments in the world outside B&N Cam Land.


Over the last two weeks the prairie dogs that I found in the back yard have shown no sign of evolution or natural selection and I have seen no notable changes in their form or function. I’m disappointed. They have, however, made significant changes to their environment, which is a mixed blessing. It shows that the animals are getting comfortable with their introduced surroundings, but it’s a problem since the surrounding is my home office.


You can see that they’ve expanded their territory beyond the cardboard box, and that someone has brought them hay and a fair amount of dirt. I wish I knew who. Since they are rodents and are burrowing, social mammals I think that my carpet is going to be messed up.


I may have been foolish in my determination to keep them until they change species.

No comments:

Post a Comment