Saturday, January 30, 2010

Being & Nothingness Cam Possibilities


The Being & Nothingness Cam Team was capturing a still from the B&N Cam this morning for our scrap book and found this. This must be another sortie of Being into Nothingness (or vice versa) and we still haven’t pinpointed the location of the Being Cam! We weren’t ready for anything this sophisticated yet.


The elongated ovals are interesting and evocative images and one B&NCT member asserted that Nothingness has taken on a “different look” due to the possible presence of Being. She’s the youngest team member and no one wanted to embarrass her, but our crankiest member said, dryly, “Being has an impact on nothingness? Gee, ya think?” I was going to take him aside, but then I remembered that he has ongoing personal problems.


What was especially interesting was that it was Dirk, our IT guy, who pointed out that the ovals look a lot like vitamins—maybe calcium, he said, or those horse-pill vitamin C’s. It is painful to contemplate that the first serious B & N interaction involves supplements. Dirk claims that if you look very closely you’ll see that one of the ovals reads, “Not labeled for individual sale,” but I can’t see it.

2 comments:

  1. Gee, I can relly tell that I am better off staying in the engineering field. I had to Google Epistemological, and wandering 'mongst the Wikipedi entries got completely lost in the Gettier case example, and then found the Navya-Nyaya fallibilism example and figured that they really were just thumbing their nose at me. Nya, Nya, Nya! Probably similar to an existential raspberry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Justified True Belief my rear. I say the guy way trying to find a way to impress the girls and was always wondering why he didn't. Delusion meets true belief.

    If it's any comfort I have no idea what I'm talking about.

    ReplyDelete